Anyone who’s anyone knows what a flash mob is, so to speak. While some say a flash mob is an organized routine of a group of performers working together on a large scale to surprise and amuse the general public for a temporary period of time with a spontaneous performance, others consider it to as an online-coordinated event in which an ad-hoc group of participants meet up at a central location for various purposes.
Knowing that to put in order of a lot of people on a large scale can be difficult, nonetheless if you manage to pull off a flash mob, it can be very satisfying for both; the participants or the baffled bystanders.
Now, how to organize a flash mob? In conjunction with MBI Carnival 2015, one of the activities is, of course, a flash mob. *wink*
As tempting as it sounds, HOWEVER, before you could organize a mob (oops.. a flash mob), you need to abide the rules and regulation set by us.
Rules & Regulation.
- Minimum number of participants is 10 and maximum is 20.
- Flash Mob must be in a form of video recording with the duration of 4 to 6 minutes.
- The costume and setting of place & time are subject to the theme of the flash mob.
- The flash mob should not touch on sensitive issues like religion, politics and racism.
- Participants are not allowed to touch the opposite sex and should avoid body contact during the recording.
- The flash mob recording must be FREE from any violence, porn or any remarks or gestures that provoke others. Any group who performed with the language, dance or clothing which contains the elements of misdemeanor will be disqualified.
- The use of suitable music is a MUST, either English song or instrumental. Live playing music is optional. Nonetheless, it must therefore EXCLUDE the music which contains explicit lyrics.
- The video should use minimal editing and must be recorded live.
- The beginning of the video must contain the following details:-
• Group Name
• Title of the flash mob
- The recorded video MUST be uploaded to Youtube using the following specification:-
• Best video format for Youtube: MPEG-2 or MPEG-4
• Resolution: 640 x 360 or 480 x 360 (recommended)
• Audio format : MP3 or AAC (recommended)
- In Youtube, participants are REQUIRED to write a brief description of the flash mob video in not less than 100 words. The goal is to write a brief description that will compel your visitors to stay and view your videos. You don’t need to write an essay or an entire blog post. A 100-word description will do just fine. Here are a few basics that you should include:
• Group name and/or brand name.
• What you’re all about.
• The kinds of videos you post. What will people learn or see?
• Messages conveyed through the flash mob must be clear and convincing.
- Then, promote the Youtube video in any social media networks or services i.e Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Myspace etc. The aim again is to compel your visitors to stay and view your videos. The number of “likes” will not earn you the right to win.
- One link should be provided (copy and paste) to the organizer’s FB page to grant ease of access for us in evaluating the video(s).
The link is >>>> http://www.facebook.com/kmmflashmob2015/ <<<<
- The registration will start on 5th January 2015 and the deadline to upload the video is on 14 January 2015. To join, please COMPLETE the form below.
- Alternatively, the form also can be downloaded HERE and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com. Please ensure that the registration form is submitted or emailed BEFORE uploading the video in Youtube.
- The judges’ decision is final.
To join, please fill in the form below.
Sorry. The entry is closed.
You may choose one of the following themes:-
- Helping hand in dire need
- Tech savvy paradox
- A game of attraction
- KMM in me
- Language Style
Appropriate sentence structure, grammar and vocabulary must be used in the Youtube description panel.
The recording must be interesting and easy to understand, performance is based on the theme and must contain appropriate message for everyone.
The overall choreographed performance, suitability of the song, messages conveyed and expression must be clear.
Creativity is based on the selected theme.
Decide your flash mob occasion
Don’t be stumped by the phrase “flash mob”. Or should you? There are many features of flash mob performance you can opt to do. The most typical flash mob performances involve such activities as:
- Choreographed dance: Such as a group of people performing a dance in the park to support a campaign against animal cruelty.
- Acting out a particular scenario: It is like when lots of people cutting grass on the field using a lawn mower.
- Mime: An example would be pretending to try and find a way through a wall that isn’t there. (Try doing that with a bunch of friends! *LOL*)
- Singing something such as opera, yodeling, or a pop hit or any hit number on the popular charts. Any style of singing is fine, but make sure it’s fascinating. Such as, breaking into song about the craving for Malaysian cuisine in café A.
- Using an existing joyful event to spread love: An example would a wedding, graduation or anniversary celebration being taken to a street, park, sidewalk or other public place to spread the joy!
- Freeze Flash Mob: Literally, all members become living statues and freeze.
No guts no glory! So, have you got the guts to join? We dare you to dare yourself to dare your friends too to undertake this delightful agony.
Just a reminder, to join, please COMPLETE the registration form above OR alternatively it can be downloaded HERE and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com.
adieu to le monde
Prepared by: Mr Ezuddin & Mr Adib