Terms & Condition
Before you begin, please understand this…
Advertising is generally targeted at the end users. It can be of many purposes, be it establishing awareness, instilling positive moral values, providing information or knowledge, and creating brand loyalty.
Whereby, promotion in its literal sense is so general. In fact, most communications that are not strictly advertising (either paid/sponsored) are also characterized as promotions ergo, looking for a clear definition is futile. It’s better to just recognize that there are many types of promotions. There are some promotions that are aimed directly to consumers; special events, samples, rebates, and coupons, to name a few.
Your mission, should you agree to join the Ad Clip Competition is to record a short clip of your BRAND as creative and original as you can, to either instill awareness / moral values or to provide information / knowledge or to create customer loyalty.
This message will self-destruct in….. Stop!! What do you think this is? Mission Impossible movie?
(PLEASE READ THE REQUIREMENTS BELOW CAREFULLY)
1. Maximum number of participants is 2.
2. Ad Clip must:-
- feature yourself advertising about a brand (of your own or a mock brand)
- be in a form of video recording (not slide show!)
- be no longer than 40 seconds (min running time is 30 seconds)
3. The Ad Clip must be scripted! The script must be in a minimum of 100 words.
4. Based on the script, entrants must abide ONE of the followings:-
- acting-free clip
(example : http://bit.do/example01 )
- live acting
(example : http://bit.do/example02 )
*you’ll be redirected to Youtube.
5. Entrants may use camera techniques when directing and recording the video like camera shots, angle & movement, lighting etc. (Use your creativity)
6. The costume and setting of place & time are subject to the themes of the Ad-Clip Competition. The choice of themes (choose ONE):-
- Forever Young & Beautiful
- Savour The Flavour
- Technology Gives That Warm Feeling
- Garment. We Build Smiles
7. The Ad-Clip MUST be uploaded to the organizer’s FB page as to grant ease of access for us in evaluating the video(s).
The link is >>>> http://www.facebook.com/adclipkmm <<<<
8. Upon uploading the Ad Clip to FB PAGE, entrants are REQUIRED to send the script to the organizer at email@example.com
1. The use of editing software is encouraged i.e Avid, iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Movie Maker etc. ( OR, just use the editing tool in Windows 😛 )
2. The last 5 seconds (exclusive of the 40-second requirement) of the Ad-Clip must contain the following details:-
- Your Names
- Group Name
- Credit / Acknowledgement to any party (is allowed & optional).
3. The recorded video clip MUST be uploaded using the following format:-
- Best video format: MPEG-2 or MPEG-4
- Resolution: 640 x 360 or 480 x 360 (recommended)
- Audio format : MP3 or AAC (recommended)
4. The use of suitable instrumental background music and/or sound effect is OPTIONAL. Nonetheless, it must NOT therefore hinder the sound output of the video/voice in particular.
Duration & Deadline
1. The registration will start on 22 Feb 2016 (MONDAY) and the deadline to upload the video is on 29 Feb 2015 (MONDAY). To join, please COMPLETE the form below.
2. Please ensure that the registration form is submitted or emailed BEFORE uploading the video to Facebook.
The judging criteria for the overall winners are:
- The video is uploaded by 11.59 pm 29 Feb 2016
- The video abides one of the themes while adhering to all terms and conditions
- The video has a focus on positive moral and esteem for the brand it represents
- The production quality of the video is satisfactory (and not that cheesy!! LOL)
- The winning entries will be judged based on merit set by the Ad-Clip committee. Bear in mind (which has nothing to do with your pet grizzly bear at home.. *smirk*), “chance” or “like” play no part in determining the winner. The most creative and original entries as judged by us will win the prize.
- And YES, the judges’ decision is final.
1. The Ad-Clip should not touch on sensitive issues like religion, politics and racism.
2. Entrants are not allowed to touch the opposite sex and should avoid body contact during the recording.
3. The Ad-Clip recording must be FREE from any violence, porn or any remarks or gestures that provoke others. Entrants who acted with the language, gestures or clothing which contain the elements of misdemeanor will be DISQUALIFIED and the uploaded video will be EXPUNGED.
ALL THE BEST!!